If you’re researching CBD or trying to decide what to purchase, you’ve likely come across websites with headlines like “Top Ten Tinctures”. We thought about replicating that marketing strategy, but we felt we owe it to the CBD market to NOT be market-y, to NOT be gimmicky. You’re researching something you’re going to put in or on your body, and we want to uphold our end by seeking to be authentic and objective with our content.
To that end, we’ve reviewed a dozen or so tinctures and break them down below, which can be used as a possible framework to help guide you. While we advise you to always talk to your doctor before using CBD, studies have shown that CBD acts as an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. (source) It can be consumed in many ways—most commonly through vaping, topical application, and sublingual administration of oils and tinctures.
In brief, CBD oils and CBD tinctures are both made with CBD, which is extracted from the hemp plant and usually looks like a viscous liquid. CBD oils suspend the CBD in an oil (usually hemp seed, olive oil, coconut oil (MCT), or avocado oil) and CBD tinctures suspend the CBD in a small amount of distilled alcohol. While interchangeable, one may choose one over the other depending on the method of consumption.
The CBD Tinctures We Reviewed
- Price: $60-$110
- Potency: 30 mg/mL of CBD
- Why we like Papa & Barkley: Papa & Barkley was created in 2015 when founder Adam sought to help alleviate his father (Papa) and the family dog (Barkley) of their pain. Their products are completely solvent free and made from their own farms in northern California.
- Why we love this product: Papa & Barkley was one of the top cannabis brands in California and 2018, and they are committed to creating the best tincture for their happy consumers.
- Best for: This full-spectrum CBD tincture is all-natural and extracted with just heat and pressure, which means no chemicals or solvents are involved. It is best for those who want a tincture that was extracted with the cleanest possible extraction process. Backed by Papa & Barkley’s 100% Happiness Guarantee.
2. Receptra Naturals Health & Wellness Prime CBD Tincture
- Price: $39-135
- Potency: 20mg of CBD per mL
- Why we like Receptra Naturals Health & Wellness line: Receptra Naturals is well-known for their commitment to organic practices on their family-owned farms in the heart of Colorado.
- Why we love this product: The Health & Wellness line from Receptra Naturals is the perfect beginner tincture for those interested in trying CBD. It’s lightly concentrated compared to other tinctures (only 2.5%), and yet, comes with the premium brand name.
- Best for: This full spectrum CBD tincture is best for beginners interested in trying CBD.
- Price: $49.95-$149.95
- Potency: 17-100 mg of CBD per mL (available in different concentrations)
- Why we like Medterra: Medterra’s CBD products are derived from hemp grown in Kentucky, abiding by the strict guidelines of the Industrial Hemp Pilot Program through the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
- Why we love this product: This product is an isolate CBD oil, meaning it contains no THC—and Medterra guarantees that. It also has no strong flavor, so it’s great for people who dislike the bitter taste that some CBD oils and tinctures may have.
- Best for: Medterra’s CBD tincture has zero THC in it, so it’s best for those who want to take CBD but do not want any THC in their system.
4. NuLeaf Naturals Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- Price: $38.50-$439
- Potency: 48mg of CBD per mL
- Why we like NuLeaf Naturals: NuLeaf Naturals’ products are all 100% organic, raw, and derived from Cannabis Sativa plants grown in Colorado. Their products don’t contain any additives or preservatives and their plants are grown without using potentially harmful pesticides and herbicides.
- Why we love this product: This high-grade full-spectrum CBD oil is made from raw and organic whole plant extract.
- Best for: This CBD oil is best for who prefer to only consume raw, organic products.
5. CBDistillery 1000mg Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
- Price: $60
- Potency: 67mg of CBD per mL
- Why we like CBDistillery: CBDistillery is committed to high-quality, fair priced CBD products. All of their products are affordable and third-party tested.
- Why we love this product: This full-spectrum CBD tincture is the most bang for your buck. At $60 for a concentrated 1000mg of CBD in a 15ml container, this is the most economical CBD oil out there.
- Best for: This CBD tincture is best for those looking for the best price.
6. Receptra Pro CBD Tincture with Turmeric
- Price: $149.95-$249.95
- Potency: 67 mg CBD per mL
- Why we like Receptra Naturals: Receptra Naturals’ products are third-party tested and derived from hand-picked hemp flower grown on family-owned farms in Colorado.
- Why we love this product: This full-spectrum CBD tincture with turmeric is completely organic and great if you prefer flavored (berry/mint) oils. The CBD oil is mixed with avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, and sunflower oil. With the addition of turmeric, this product gets an added boost of anti-inflammatory and digestion support. Studies have shown that turmeric may help with digestive disorders. (source)
- Best for: With the addition of turmeric, this product is best for those looking to use full-spectrum CBD tinctures to help with digestion and provide extra anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
7. Bluebird Botanical’s Hemp Classic CBD Oil
- Price: $9.95-$139.95
- Potency: 8.33 mg CBD per mL
- Why we like Bluebird Botanical: Bluebird Botanical’s products are derived sustainably. Sourced from quality farms and sustainable greenhouses, Bluebird Botanical promises high quality, rigorously tested products.
- Why we love this product: This Bluebird Botanical full-spectrum CBD oil was grown with minimal negative environmental impact.
- Best for: Those who are environmentally cautious and prefer to consume lower, more frequent doses of CBD oil throughout the day.