The CBD market has been booming for the past several years because people enjoy the calming effects of CBD. As a result, we’ve seen CBD infused into nearly every food item that you can imagine, including Honey. But, across the industry, gummies have retained their popularity probably because people enjoy the soft, chewy and sweet experience they get with gummies. On our own CBD marketplace, the gummies are the biggest sellers in the Edibles category. As a result, one of the question we get asked quite often is, “What are the effects of CBD Edible Gummies? How long will it take for me to feel the effects and how long will it last?”
In this article, we’ll go into depth on the effects of CBD gummies and how long these effects will last in your body. Pop in a gummy now and we can go along this ride together.
What is CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol, one of the many naturally occurring compounds in the Cannabis Sativa plant. Unlike THC, the other famous ingredient, CBD does not have any psychoactive effects on people. As a result, you can enjoy the many benefits of CBD without worrying about negative side effects. Even the World Health Organisation stated that “In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential…. To date, there is no evidence of public health related problems associated with the use of pure CBD.”
Laboratory studies continue to provide evidence that CBD:
- Helps Social Anxiety
- Relieves arthritis pain
- Reduces chronic nerve pain
- Relieves chronic pain
- Improves chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting for cancer patients
- Reduces help cancer-related pain
- Relieves insomnia and improves sleep
- Helps treat acne and psoriasis
- Aids nicotine and heroin addiction recovery by reducing withdrawal symptoms
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
What are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies are a chewy, sweet type of CBD Edibles – these are foods that contain CBD in a significant amount.
You also need to be aware of the type of CBD present in your gummies. They can be:
- Full Spectrum – contains the full range of extracts that occur naturally in the cannabis plant with less than 0.3% of THC.
- Broad Spectrum – contains most naturally occurring cannabinoids such as flavinoids and terpenes but with no THC.
- CBD Isolate – contains only CBD.
At Halso, we recommend that users take Full Spectrum CBD products because:
- Research has shown that full spectrum CBD causes the ‘Entourage Effect‘ which enhances the effects of the CBD.
- Full Spectrum products are far less process than the broad spectrum or isolate products since they contain all the natural ingredients of the Cannabis plant.
- The low concentration of THC will not cause any psychoactive effects.
Early research into the interaction between various hemp compounds and the human body, shows that they work together to enhance the ‘Entourage effect’. The ‘Entourage effect’ is a potent interaction that amplifies the effects of CBD, giving you a deeper CBD experience. Over time, users experience higher levels of relief due to the synergy created by the Full Spectrums multiple cannabinoids.
How long will it take to feel the effects of CBD Gummies?
Consuming CBD gummies is straightforward, you simply put them in your mouth, chew and wait until you feel the effects. However, just like with all types of CBD edibles, the effects of the gummies will take much longer than if you used a CBD Oil, Vape or any other product. Since the gummies have to be first digested by your body before entering the bloodstream, it can take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes before you first start feeling the effects.
You need to be patient with edibles. Do not consume another gummy just because you don’t feel anything after only 15 minutes – relax and give the CBD time to work through your body.
How many CBD Gummies should I take?
One of the biggest benefits of using gummies instead of Oils & Vapes is that you can perfectly calculate the dosage that you need. Each individual gummy will have a precise amount of CBD based on the brand you purchase – as a result, you can decide how many gummies you want to ingest and thus how much CBD you need. You can even cut the gummy in half if you want to start with a lower dose.
At Halso, we always recommend that people who are new to the CBD world should start with lower dosages and work their way up to higher potencies as their body adapts. With the gummies, you can start with half a gummy or a full one and wait for 60 to 90 minutes to see if you feel any effects.
CBD Edible Gummies Effects
We already linked several studies above that discuss the various benefits of CBD. Even this single study from 2020, showed that CBD can be:
- effective at pain relief
- helpful at reducing anxiety
- effective at promoting sleep and rest
Some studies have also shown that CBD can have some side effects such as tiredness, diarrhea and changes in eating habits. As a result, it is important that people should consult their Doctor before using any CBD products if they are:
- taking any other medication
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have an underlying health condition
Tips for Choosing CBD Gummies
- Choose lab tested Gummies: The CBD market is still relatively unregulated. Make sure that you buy from brands that you trust and that show 3rd Party Lab Tests describing the contents of their products. You need to look at the CBD & THC content along with all the other ingredients and their concentrations.
- Check the CBD Content and Certificate of Analysis (COA): There is no standard dosage level for CBD gummies and different dosage levels will have different impacts on your body. If you’re new to the CBD world, start with products that have a lower infusion of CBD that is certified by third party analysis.
- Buy from a Reputable Brand: All the brands on the Halso store have been verified by our team of CBD experts. Make sure you do your own independent studies before you buy from a new CBD brand.
- Organic: Organic gummies are free from potentially harmful pesticides.
- Vegan: Vegan options are also available in the market for people with different dietary requirements.
- Sweeteners and other ingredients: Some gummies contain organic sugar cane or tapioca and fresh fruit flavorings, while others have artificial ingredients.
Where can I buy CBD Gummies Online?
At Halso, we only sell the highest quality CBD products from the most reputable brands including Shea Brand, Papa & Barkley, Medterra, Five CBD and more. Every product that you will find on our store has been reviewed by our CBD experts with an analysis of their 3rd party certifications.
- Full Spectrum CBD+THC Gummies by Five CBD$29.99 – $75.99
Five CBD brings you a variety of tasty gummies for a delicious and powerful daily dose of CBD. They come with a potent 5:1 ratio of CBD to THC and other cannabinoids and terpenes. Compared to other brands Five CBD offers 6x the amount of minor cannabinoids to give you the best experience on the market. These vegan gummies are pectin-based and consist of all-natural ingredients. Fit to suit anyone’s dietary choices.
- CBD & Melatonin Sleep Tight Gummies by Medterra$39.99 – $69.99
Medterra brings to you a blend of premium CBD and natural sleep aids! These gummies combine high levels of THC-free CBD, 5HTP, Melatonin, and naturally relaxing herbs like chamomile, passionflower, and lemon balm to help prepare for the new day as you sleep.
The yummiest way to get the best of CBD and THC! Medterra Full Spectrum CBD Gummies contain an impressive 30mg of Hemp extract, made up of 25mg of CBD, 2mg of THC, and 3mg of additional minor cannabinoids.